Selling your home on your own can be challenging (and potentially scary.) As you will be inviting complete strangers int your home, here are some safety tips designed to protect you, your family and your property.
- Make all of your showings by appointment only (get a name and number- call back to verify.)
- Don't be home alone when a strangers visit. Have visitors sign a guest book and ask to see identification. Put that information in a safe place.
- Place all valuables out of sight, including prescription drugs.
- Eliminate displays of personal information, such as schools children attend and financial documents.
- Never leave messages informing callers that you are not home and do not let strangers know your schedule.
- Request that visitors enter and exit through one door only.
- Have quick and easy access to all of your exits.
- Never leave a stranger alone and watch everything they do while in your house.
- Do not put information on flyers which would compromise security.
- Use Mortgage PreFlight to authenticate and pre-qualify each prospect before allowing them in your home.
For more information on how PreFlight can help you sell your home faster and more safely, please call 855.982.8050.